The Prime Minister has become the brunt of jokes since admitting he did not realise he had attended a ‘party’ in May 2020.
Yesterday Boris Johnson attempted to apologise to the nation at Prime Minister’s Questions for an alleged party which took place at Downing Street during the pandemic.
Boris admitted that he went into the garden at number 10 but maintained his stance that it was a ‘work event’ – despite numerous members of Downing Street staff allegedly encouraged to bring their own booze for the bash.
He said: “With hindsight I should have sent everyone back inside. I should have found some other way to thank them.
“I should have recognised that even if it could be said technically to fall within the guidance, there are millions and millions of people who simply would not see it that way, people who have suffered terribly, people who were forbidden for meeting loved ones at all inside or outside, and to them and to this House I offer my heartfelt apologies.”
The Manchester Evening News has reported on the reactions to the party news – with one student, who was fined for having a lockdown party, demanding his money back.
Hilarious memes have since started circulating on social media site Twitter as they attempt to make light of his statements.
- One tweet, shared by airline Ryanair, showed a hand drawing of a party with a cut out of Boris Johnson’s head on top.
“Boris Johnson for 25 minutes on 20 May 2020” it wrote.
Following on from this, the airline went on to share a mock in-flight drinks menu, including funny names for drinks such as ‘Bojohito’ and ‘Corona Extra’.
- A tweet shared by the SNP’s head of communications mocked a familiar and hilarious scene from Little Britain.
- A funny video with millions of views attempts to impersonate how Boris Johnson answered questions at PMQ’s on Wednesday.
- This one really made us laugh!
- Ahh, THAT infamous photo of a night out in Manchester that could only be described as mayhem. Could have easily been a work event though…
- Funny tweet shared by Labour MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, Dianne Abbott…
- How can you not LOVE the No.10 cat? He’s pretty funny too!